Regarding the Command line tool wish, at Winbatch's Mission statement

Started by DChild, August 18, 2017, 07:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DChild

On

http://www.winbatch.com/mission.html

, the developers mention a wish to build a command line tool:

Add a WinBatch command shell for executing WIL statements and user-defined-functions from a command line.

Would it need to be a command line?  What about a Clojure-style Repl with a command line-style input?

td

WinBatch is not going down the functional programming paradigm rabbit hole any time in the foreseeable future, if that is what you are referring to.  The command line referenced in the mission statement is more like the command windows used by PHP, Python or PowerShell.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DChild

Quote from: td on August 18, 2017, 07:39:03 AM
WinBatch is not going down the functional programming paradigm rabbit hole any time in the foreseeable future, if that is what you are referring to.  The command line referenced in the mission statement is more like the command windows used by PHP, Python or PowerShell.
Ok, I wasn't referring to functional programming.  But yes, any type of repl would be cool.  I'm just referring to a command line interface, as opposed to the actual Windows command line.

You answered my question, thanks.

td

Something a little more than a simple REPL is in mind but nothing has been specified yet and the feedback is appreciated.  It is helpful to know that users are even remotely interested in an idea for future development.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade