Help file - is it current and complete?

Started by guuzendesu, September 14, 2017, 04:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guuzendesu

I can't help notice that there are still references to a certain owl-based company at the beginning of the help file. I'm assuming that a redesign is in the works but...that we can still expect to have complete and updated contents regarding all of the functions and parameters...? Online reference is fine, but I like everything to be 'in the box.'

Thanks in advance! Great product at an incredible price!

td

Have no idea why you would think that the presents of the old logo in the help file means that the help file text is somehow out-of-date.  The current Consolidated WIL Help file is just that - current.  It is also "complete".
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

guuzendesu

Well, I meant no offense. It may be hard for you to believe, but I have dealt with software for which updates would be rolled out, while the help file information lagged behind and was updated later. The users were referred to online material "to be sure they had the latest information."

Thanks for all the great work.

td

WinBatch help files are and always have been current for each release and we were not going to release a new version just to change logos.   We have no legal obligation to do so and we don't employ marketing weasels.

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

guuzendesu

Ok. Cool. Rock on.
You make it difficult to be enthusiastic when I feel like you are fighting with me though I've paid you for your product. I asked a question, gave equivocation for your response and still feel like I'm defending myself for having asked a question. Is there some problem that I should be aware of that should keep me from endorsing your product far and wide as I have been?

Because I have been.

td

Problems?  None. 

We always appreciate endorsements but endorsing is, of course, solely your choice.

- Dr. Tom Cade

guuzendesu

Well, if you don't care if I take down my endorsements and replace them with copies of this exchange, just say so. I've been pretty cordial up to this point. I can understand you have a stressful job dealing with people routinely, but I haven't exactly been argumentative.

td

To clarify regarding the original subject of this thread, requirements for an on-line help file system have not been developed yet so details like update frequency are unknown.  But as previously mentioned, WinBatch+Compiler downloads with the latest documentation at the time of release.  There is absolutely no reason to believe that this policy will change.
  - Dr. Tom Cade