Problem with array

Started by wbrd, December 04, 2013, 07:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbrd

Hi
I am trying to query for all groups in an OU and pipe the output to array but when I try to retrieve the group names I get "uninitiallized array element". I can pipe the same output to a text file but I would like to use array. Also, (if possible) I would like to create a dynamic array instead of static array.
Can anyone help please....thanks

groups = ArrDimension(1000)
cmd = StrCat("/c C:\Windows\system32\dsquery.exe group ou=admgroups,dc=child,dc=mydomain,dc=com > %groups%")
RunWait("C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe", cmd)
item = ItemExtract(1, groups[1], @TAB)
For x = 0 to 200
   If groups
  • != "" then Display(1, "Groups", groups
  • )
    Next

exit

Deana

Something happened while pasting the code to your forum post.

Check out the ArrInitialize function. It can be used to initialize all the elements of an array. ArrayRedim can be used to change array dimensions in-place.

Here is a simple example to resize an array:
Code (winbatch) Select

; Allocate an array with 6 elements.
array = ArrDimension( 6 )
ArrInitialize( array, 0 )
Pause( 'Array Element Count', ArrInfo( array, 1 ) )
; Resize the array
ArrayRedim( array, 10 )
Pause( 'Array Element Count', ArrInfo( array, 1 ) )
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

wbrd

I added the following at the top of the script

ArrInitialize(groups, 0)

But when I do Display(1, "Groups", groups[0]) I get "0"
If I pipe the same command to a text file I see all the groups in the text file. So question is "Can/Should I not output the result of dsquery to an array?"

cmd = StrCat("/c C:\Windows\system32\dsquery.exe group ou=admgroups,dc=child,dc=mydomain,dc=com > %groups%")

td

Cmd.exe has no idea what a WIL array is so you can't redirect output to a WIL array simply by redirecting output from cmd.exe launched process.  You can use the ADSI extender's dsFindPath or dsGetChldPath to obtain a list of groups in a container.  You could then use the Arrayize function to create an array containing the list's items.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

Deana

Quote from: wbrd on December 05, 2013, 06:45:57 AM
I added the following at the top of the script

ArrInitialize(groups, 0)

But when I do Display(1, "Groups", groups[0]) I get "0"
If I pipe the same command to a text file I see all the groups in the text file. So question is "Can/Should I not output the result of dsquery to an array?"

I now see that you are using the command shell to pipe the results. Unfortunately that piped output is not directly available to the WinBatch script as an array. You could pipe the result to a file then read the file using FileGet or ArrayFileGet.

OR you could use the ADSI Extender to handle it directly in WinBatch. The dsGetMemGrp function returns a delimited list containing the paths of all members of a group. http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WIL~Extenders/ADSI+dsGetMemGrp~Sample.txt

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

td

Quote from: Deana on December 05, 2013, 09:16:04 AM

I now see that you are using the command shell to pipe the results. Unfortunately that piped output is not directly available to the WinBatch script as an array. You could pipe the result to a file then read the file using FileGet or ArrayFileGet.

OR you could use the ADSI Extender to handle it directly in WinBatch. The dsGetMemGrp function returns a delimited list containing the paths of all members of a group. http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WIL~Extenders/ADSI+dsGetMemGrp~Sample.txt

The DsQuery as posted indicates that the OP is looking for groups in a container and not members in a group so the dsGetMemGrp would not be an appropriate choice to duplicate the DsQuery output. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

Deana

Ah yes Tony (clearly the cough meds have kicked in ). Here is a code sample from the tech database that uses the dsFindPath function you suggested:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WIL~Extenders/ADSI+List~Groups~in~OU.txt

Undebugged code sample:

Code (winbatch) Select
AddExtender("wwads44i.dll")

GlobalDistributionGroup = 2
LocalDistributionGroup = 4
UniversalDistributionGroup = 8

ServerDn=dsGetProperty("LDAP://rootDSE", "serverName")
ServerName=ItemExtract(1, ServerDn, ",")
ServerName=ItemExtract(2, ServerName, "=")
ServerDn=dsGetProperty("LDAP://rootDSE", "defaultNamingContext")
ServerPath="LDAP://" : ServerName : "/" : ServerDN

;groups_in_OU = dsFindPath(ServerPath, "(&(objectCategory=group) (groupType=%GlobalDistributionGroup%))")
;groups_in_OU = dsFindPath(ServerPath, "(&(objectCategory=group) (groupType=%LocalDistributionGroup%))")
groups_in_OU = dsFindPath(ServerPath, "(&(objectCategory=group) (groupType=%UniversalDistributionGroup%))")

aMembers = ArrDimension(1000)

For a = 0 to ItemCount( groups_in_OU, @TAB )-1
   sGroupPath = ItemExtract( a+1, groups_in_OU, @TAB )
   aMembers[a] = sGroupPath
Next

;Save out to a file then display
;ArrayFilePut('c:\temp\Members.txt', aMembers )
;Run( 'c:\temp\Members.txt', '' )
exit
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.