Get installed Software from Remote PC

Started by int5749, February 09, 2017, 12:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

int5749

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to get all Software installed on a machine.
This shall work for local machine as well as for remote machines.
I looked around and found a Powershell Script, but this doesn't work for me :-(

And => I prefer to use WinBatch ;-)

Regards
Joerg

td

The most likely reason our Powershell script did not work is that one of the necessary services is disabled on the remote machine either by default or intentionally for security reasons.  If that is the case then any WinBatch script is likely to run into similar issues.   If you can open up the remote machine to remote registry, remote WMI, RPC, or whatever access then either Powershell or WinBatch can be used to query the remote machine for installed software.   WinBatch has several options including native registry functions, COM Automation, and CLR hosting.

One slightly dated example:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/How~To+List~Applications~Installed~on~Remote~Machines.txt
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

int5749

Hi td,

thanks and remote registry is working fine, but I got an error with line
type = RegEntryType(topkey,keystring)
in your script.

Keystring is gathered and extracted like => SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Software 1[DisplayName]

Then i got an error 1452 can't open subkey :-/

Regards
Joerg

td

Either the value doesn't exist, you don't have read permission on the value or you are using the wrong registry view (32-bit or 64-bit.)  You have to determine which is the case. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

int5749

Value has been read from Registry so I have sufficient permission while I'm Administrator as well.
In Addition I tried now type = RegEntryType(topkey,keystring,32) and type = RegEntryType(topkey,keystring,64) which both still fail :-(

I uses that function regulary but I have no idea why i doesn't work this time ;-(

Additionaly I tried my local machone as well, with same result

Any help/hint is much appreciated

td

First to clear up a common misconception, being an admin doesn't guarantee access.  Although in this case it would be unusual for a local admin account to not have access to a value under the "uninstall" key.   

The error has to be the result of one of the three previously mentioned reasons.  So  perhaps you need to take another look at your assumptions.  For example, the  space between 'Software' (whatever the actual name may be) and '1' in your subkey path looks suspect. 
  - Dr. Tom Cade