Internet explorer version

Started by hdsouza, December 24, 2013, 08:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdsouza

What is the lastest version of Internet explorer that can be used with winbatch (msie). I had encountered problems with MSIE access on IE 9 several months ago and was asked to do a sendkey workaround. A sendkey workaround is clumsy and not sustainable.
Also I was planning to upgrade my system to windows 8. hence the question

Deana

Quote from: hdsouza on December 24, 2013, 08:47:44 AM
What is the lastest version of Internet explorer that can be used with winbatch (msie). I had encountered problems with MSIE access on IE 9 several months ago and was asked to do a sendkey workaround. A sendkey workaround is clumsy and not sustainable.
Also I was planning to upgrade my system to windows 8. hence the question

WinBatch works with all version of IE. Keep in mind that newer version of IE have different security settings that may effect how winbatch can communicate using COM automation. are you possibly referring to an issue sending the Click method to IE? If so have you tried all the methods specified here:
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/OLE~COM~ADO~CDO~ADSI~LDAP/OLE~with~MSIE+IE9~Click~or~Focus~Methods~Fail.txt

See also:
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/OLE~COM~ADO~CDO~ADSI~LDAP/OLE~with~MSIE/User~Samples+Search~Craigslist.txt
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

hdsouza

I am not referring to clicking. I am referring to filling up a form and clicking on a submit button. What is the latest version of IE that would work in?
Thanks

Deana

Quote from: hdsouza on December 24, 2013, 10:48:59 AM
I am not referring to clicking. I am referring to filling up a form and clicking on a submit button. What is the latest version of IE that would work in?
Thanks

You can automate any version of IE up to and including IE 11.

Please see the link I posted as an alternative method to submitting form data using IE.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mcjathan

A question, Deana (or anyone else):  From Deana's 2nd link above (the 'Craig's List' sample code), I've lifted and am using the function udfIEClick(objIE, objElement).  It's working beautifully most of the time.  For reference, here is that function:

#DefineFunction udfIEClick( objIE, objElement )
    objEvent = objIE.document.createEvent( "HTMLEvents" )
    If objEvent == "" Then
      objElement.Click()
    Else
      objEvent.initEvent("click", @TRUE, @TRUE)
      objElement.dispatchEvent(objEvent)
    EndIf
    Return 1
#EndFunction

The function is working beautifully in most cases.  However, I've run into a case where the "click" is popping up an IE child window.  My Winbatch code is paused (presumably on the line objElement.dispatchEvent(objEvent)) until I manually dismiss the pop-up window. 

My question:  Can the function udfIEClick() be modified so that it will always run in a @NOWAIT mode?

td

You might want to consider determining exactly where the script is paused instead of relying on a presumption.  In any case, the only solution may be to automate the dismissals of the popup windows by spawning a second script.  Such a solution would more likely than not be site specific and not fit your needs.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

You could also try changing the two Boolean parameters to .initEvent to @false in the several combinations.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

hdsouza

Yeah. i don't believe the script is paused. i believe when that pop-up box occurs, the script is hung.
I had a similar problem a while back and I wrote a second script -- Script B which would close the window. This is inline with what TD mentioned earlier.
Then I got the main script script to run script B just before the main script clicked on a link (which is the point you may be getting your popup)
Importantly, before the main script runs it needs to check that script B is not already running, else you will end up with tons of scripts
hope this helps