Backup Scheme

Started by oradba4u, July 16, 2017, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradba4u

All:
Does anybody have a flow chart, or program that incorporates a backup scheme for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually?

For example... BEFORE a daily backup, yesterdays daily backup gets moved to the weekly backups, after 7 daily backups they get moved to monthly backups, etc. etc. I would think that it would have to work backwards from the yearly backup folder, as if it's the start of a new yearly cycle, the annual folder should be moved to a legacy folder.

Any ideas? Where to look for such a thing, or other ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

perplexed in Pittsburgh

stanl

Is this something you want controlled by Winbatch? Not sure if you want to document, or both execute and document.

Pittsburgh. I'll be there for a wedding in September.

oradba4u

I want to write it in Winbatch AND document it as well
Thanks

oradba4u

Does anyone have a solution to this thread?

td

If you are looking for a cut&paste solution, I am not aware of any in the Tech Database that meet your requirements and apparently no forum members have and/or are willing to share one.  So it would appear your only alternative is to start writing a script.  Of course, you can always use Window's built-in backup software that depending on your version of Windows meets most of your requirements.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade