FileMenu duplicating items

Started by George Vagenas, September 30, 2014, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Vagenas

When I right click a folder in Explorer FileMenu is duplicating items from "FileMenu for ALL filetypes.mnw".  See the attached.  Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

George

td

There are no known problems with FileMenu that would cause duplicate meny items.  You will need to sort through your menu files and figure it out for yourself.

You could start by looking for duplicate menu items in your menu files and then look for indentation  problems. Also check for unintended jumps in the statement execution sequence.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

George Vagenas

Nothing to do with duplicate menu items, when I restored my filemenu.ini after upgrading to 2014B for some reason I had included this line ".=FileMenu for ALL filetypes.mnw".  Don't understand why this should cause a duplication but it does.
Thanks

George

td

Actually it does have something to do with duplicate menu items as you where loading a menu item section of a file twice.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

George Vagenas

Yes I sort of get that part but what I don't get is why the items that contain sub-menus aren't duplicated as well.
Thanks

George

td

It all has to do with a bug in the OS shell and the way the shell tracks context menu items. We were able to work around the problem for the 32-bit shell but not for the 64-bit shell.  MSFT has not provided a fix or even a workaround for this.

Best advice is to avoid duplicate popup menus as the results may not be what you expect.
  - Dr. Tom Cade