RoboScripter SendKey

Started by cballinger, April 12, 2018, 07:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cballinger

It's been years since I used RoboScripter, but need to once again.  I thought there was a page/doc that listed the correct manner to use the sendkey function value like sending an enter key, etc.
I remember that you had to include the values in braces {Enter}, but can't find a listing of the other values or how to send control codes, etc.
Is that document still around?  Looked in the Control Manager help file on Roboscript and it just show using the ! for the ALT key I believe.

Thanks

Chuck

td

Like all other WIL functions, the documentation for the "SendKey" function is in the Consolidated WIL Help file. The "SendKey" topic includes a complete list of all special character representations.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

cballinger

sending a URL to the address bar as https://blah.blah.gov {Enter}  and it sends the {Enter} as a literal instead of acting as if the Enter key was pressed.

td

It certainly doesn't work that way on any system I have tried it on.  Which version of WinBatch are you using what is the exact line in your script that contains the SendKey call look like?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

snowsnowsnow

1) FWIW, I didn't know that {Enter} was supposed to work.  I've always used ~.

2) This actually has nothing to do with RoboScripter...

td

IIRC, the last time any special characters were added to SendKey was some time in 2002 but I think the "{Enter}" SendKey special character has been around since before the turn of the century.
  - Dr. Tom Cade