Callback Function Wrong But No Error

Started by JTaylor, January 13, 2017, 03:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

I think I have mentioned this before but it would be helpful for idiots like me if you would generate an error when one calls a Dynamic Dialog and the CallBack function doesn't exist.    Thanks.

Jim

kdmoyers

Jim,

If I'm understanding you right, I think maybe that's not really an error.  I mean, you CAN do dialogs without a call back.  It just makes a primitive dialog box with brain dead behavior, but it works.  I do it sometimes for simple stuff.

Maybe it needs something like "nocallback" when you don't want a call back? I dunno.  Just wanted to point out that it does something useful even without the call back.

just my $0.02,
Kirby
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

JTaylor

Guess I assumed that if one specified a CallBack function instead of leaving it as DEFAULT that it would expect to find that Function???  As you say, it does work but that is the problem when one can't figure out why nothing is happening in the Callback Routine :)

Jim

kdmoyers

Oh I get it -- Yes, of course, if you give the call back name then it ought to fail loudly if the function does not exist!
-K
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

JTaylor

Now...if only WB folks agree that an error should occur when the script can't find the function.

Jim