No PC news has ever made me this sad.

Started by guuzendesu, January 22, 2017, 03:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guuzendesu

I can't believe WinBatch is going away.

It's the first Windows-specific programming language I ever learned. I worked my way up from no computer knowledge to sysadmin in a couple of years at a machine shop, and WinBatch was the main tool I used for basically everything, and the first one I discovered. I convinced the company to invest in WB+Compiler and I enjoyed every minute using it. It has always, and will always, be the only program that is installed on every computer I own (not that others won't be installed, but I have never skipped WinBatch). I hope this version will be good for years to come, because I can't imagine using anything else on the market today.

Thank you, WWW, for 18 fabulous years of easy solutions and smirking at the convolutions of your competitors.

I hope the dev team is going somewhere else and can import their ease-of-use and innate-power-user coding abilities to wherever they wind up. Something this good can't just fade out.

God help us all..............

td

Thank you for the kind words.  They are much appreciated.

Do remember that it is Wilson WindowWare Inc. that is dissolving as a business and not WinBatch.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

MW4

td

One more time...

QuoteDo remember that it is Wilson WindowWare Inc. that is dissolving as a business and not WinBatch.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Will someone be clarifying things at some point?  The initial notice led me to believe that the development of WinBatch would cease.  Obviously it will continue to work as it is at the point of Wilson's ride off into the sunset but that, come this summer, it will be consigned to a slow death....except, I keep hearing things like this, this being a weaker form of other things I've seen stated, which could lead one to believe something is going to continue.  When will we know?

Jim

td

- Dr. Tom Cade