Output information to CMD window

Started by erezpaz, April 06, 2018, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erezpaz

Hi

I want to create an exe that if run from CMD it will output data to the CMD window it run from. How can i do that?

Thanks
Eez

td

You go to the Tech Database and search for a few terms like "cmd" or "console" - just to name a few.  You find that there are examples of several different approaches to writing to command shell windows.   Here is but one example:

http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/nftechsupt.web+WinBatch/How~To+Displaying~Text~Messages~on~the~Console.txt 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

erezpaz

Hi

Tried it but got the attached error.
Also searched the tech data base and didn't find any other way to do it. Can you point me please to deterrent approach?

Thanks
Erez

td

The example has a line break on the line causing your error.  You need to remove the line break to rejoin the bit that wraps around to the next line.

If the future you might want to consider taking the time to at least understand a little bit about what you're pasting before committing an act of cut&paste programming.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade