what is error 1003

Started by MDLines, December 03, 2013, 06:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDLines

Hi
I 'sometimes' get error 1003 trying to do a file move . I cant find what this error actually is ?

Regards
Martin L

Deana

The error 1003 indicates FileMove: Failed. This error is listed in the Windows interface language help file under Minor Errors topic. It Is a rather generic error. Often error messages contain extended error information that can be obtained by clicking on the [More Error Info] button. This [More Error Info] button accesses the extended error information that is stored in the wwwbatch.ini file.

Locate your wwwbatch.ini file and post the contents here. There should be a section in it that contains additional diagnostic information that may give some clue as to what failed. The wwwbatch.ini  file should be located here: "C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\WinBatch\Settings\wwwbatch.ini"
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MDLines

here is the info from the wwwbatch.ini  file
[COM Exception]
SWbemObjectEx=Not found                             
[COM Sub-system]
Function=InvokeMember
ErrorCode=9 (0x80020009)
ErrorDesc=Exception occurred.

Deana

Quote from: MDLines on December 12, 2013, 09:44:13 AM
here is the info from the wwwbatch.ini  file
[COM Exception]
SWbemObjectEx=Not found                             
[COM Sub-system]
Function=InvokeMember
ErrorCode=9 (0x80020009)
ErrorDesc=Exception occurred.

That error information is not related to the FileMove error. Make sure you are accessing the latest wwwbatch.ini ( or simply click on the More Error Info button on the actual error message )
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MDLines

I think my actual issue was 'timing' as I have worked around the problem by surrounding the move statement with error trapping and looping around retrying the file move.  by the way the path for the wwwbatch.ini you gave is not right for win 7

Deana

Quote from: MDLines on December 14, 2013, 02:31:01 AM
I think my actual issue was 'timing' as I have worked around the problem by surrounding the move statement with error trapping and looping around retrying the file move.  by the way the path for the wwwbatch.ini you gave is not right for win 7

Actually this is the correct path for Windows 7:  "C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\WinBatch\Settings\wwwbatch.ini"

Keep in mind the {username} portion of that path needs to be changed to the logged in users name.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

MDLines