DiskExist function fails lately.

Started by tbaker, October 05, 2015, 08:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbaker

I have numerous scripts that check for the existence of a drive in order to alert the user that he is either logged on incorrectly, or no drive mapping exists for the necessary files.
My scripts repeatedly return Drive Not Mapped, even though I have the necessary media mounted. Is there another method to check for the existence or non-existence of a mapped drive?

td

Rather than look for another method, perhaps you need to consider why DiskExist is not finding your DOS device.  For example, are your scripts running a different version of Windows?  Or have UAC settings changed?  Or are different users using your script?
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

tbaker

When I originally wrote the scripts, we were on Windows XP. Now that we're fully on Windows 7, the scripts fail.
Should I recompile with the 64 bit compiler?

tbaker

I just tried the WILX extender to test for drives ready, and the drive I know is mapped does not show in the display of non-removable drives ready.
Are network drives considered removable?

td

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade