Check reportview row that got the same first column text

Started by erezpaz, May 27, 2016, 07:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erezpaz

Hi

I got a dialog with reportview that import the array of data from changing CSV file.
Also got a subroutine that search for specific matches in some cells and mark the rows. All work fine.
When I got rows with same text in first column text the rows are not marked.
I use : DialogControlSet(DialogHandle, "Gui2_ReportView_1",@dcCheck,JobList[i,0]) command.

In WIL help I seen this note and cannot understand how to do it.

REPORTVIEW: (s) Checks or unchecks an item in a REPORTVIEW control. Use the function's set-info (fourth) parameter to indicate the first column text of the row to check or uncheck.  The text can be a delimited list to indicate which row should be checked or unchecked when multiple rows have the same first column text.

What the note mean by delimited? I tried put the full row delimited or part of it but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

td

The concept behind identifying an item in a REPORTVIEW column is fairly simple.  It is done using a progressive search. So if you provide a list of two items, DialogControlSet will search for the first item in the list.  If it finds that item, it will search for the second item starting just after the location of the first item.   

If you want to find the second instance of a column value, you specify the item twice in a standard WinBatch tab delimited item list.  But the progress search feature of the REPORTVIEW control has interesting uses that go beyond simply finding a particular instance of a column value...
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade