viewpoint-particle

Author Topic: License Question  (Read 67 times)

JTaylor

• Pundit
    • Data & Stuff Inc.
License Question
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:18:50 am »
I think I must have missed something...it is telling me my license expired back in June 2017...I thought the license model moved to where you were going to charge for major updates rather than an annual plan.   Are things still working the same as before?   I just assumed things would work and you would us know when we needed to pay more, as previously occurred, but apparently I am mistaken or have missed something.  What do I need to do to solve this problem?  Thanks.

Jim

td

• Tech Support
    • WinBatch
Re: License Question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:23 am »
All maintenance plan licenses purchased from Wilson WindowWare expired on June 30th, 2017 when Wilson Windoware ceased operation.  If you renewed your maintenance plan between June 1st, 2016 and June 30th, 2017 the cost of the plan was prorated to compensate for the shorter time interval.  Since you purchased a license from Wilson WindowWare, it has expired and will not work for WinBatch+Compiler downloads. 

Note that Island Lake Consulting LLC has been providing downloads to a few WindowWare customers that have an expired license and have lost their installation media for one reason or another.  This service is provided on a per-case basis and does require proof of a valid license for the specific version of WinBatch+Compiler.

Island Lake Consulting LLC does not offer maintenance plans.  Instead, a license purchased from ILC LLC entitles the buyer to one year of free downloads and a free copy of WebBatch for US$69.00.  The main difference between this and WindowWare maintenance plans other than the initial price is that the price does not go up if you choose not to purchase a new license before the old one expires or is past its grace period.

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
  - Bill Gates

JTaylor

• Pundit
    • Data & Stuff Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:09:14 pm »
Thanks.   That helps.   Sorry if I missed that somewhere along the way. 

Just to clarify...WinBatch+Compiler is now the only option?   You are no longer offering WinBatch as a separate product?    I always maintained just a WinBatch license previously for when I did remote jobs so I could install it for the job and then uninstall.  Not seeing that as an option now so wanted to ask.

Jim

td

• Tech Support
    • WinBatch
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:28:10 pm »
WinBatch is only offered as a 21-day trial.
"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
  - Bill Gates