Calling Postie Extender From Windows 7

Started by gnaugle, November 13, 2013, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnaugle

I'm using the wwpst44i.dll that works fine standalone for email, but I need to call it from MS Access running on Windows 7 (64 bit)  The DLL comes up invalid from there.  Any ideas how I can trick it?

Deana

How exactly are you launching it from MS Access? What is the exact error message?
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

gnaugle

Created a Call - function using the Shell("path of Winbatch .exe param1 param2........",4)  I'm getting invalid DLL -  or ....error 5476 ......or unrecognized WBC file....   I've switched up compiling from 32 bit to 64 but the DLL won't fly in the 64 bit compiler and I'm guessing that is what Windows is griping about.........

Deana

Quote from: gnaugle on November 13, 2013, 10:43:43 AM
Created a Call - function using the Shell("path of Winbatch .exe param1 param2........",4)  I'm getting invalid DLL -  or ....error 5476 ......or unrecognized WBC file....   I've switched up compiling from 32 bit to 64 but the DLL won't fly in the 64 bit compiler and I'm guessing that is what Windows is griping about.........

If you plan on compiling using the 64-bit compiler then you can only load 64-bit extender dlls. Unfortunately the Postie Extender has not been ported to 64-bit. However you can modify the script to use a non Postie method to send email.

If you don't need to include any email attachments, you can use the 64-bit Winsock Extender function smtpSendText.

Or you can use CDO to send email: http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WIL~Extenders/Postie+CDO~to~Send~SSL~Email.txt

Or if your running a relatively newer version of WinBatch you could use dotNet: http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/dotNet/System_Net/Mail+Simple~SMTP~Email~Message.txt

All of these options allow you to send email from a 64-bit script.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

gnaugle

thanks for your help.  We switched to Google from Lotus........different beast for sure.

this makes good sense.........I'll go out and grab them

thanks again