Anyone know how to purchase Winbatch?

Started by bmclellan, June 23, 2017, 09:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmclellan

Hello,

Does anyone know how to purchase Winbatch? The numbers don't seem to work anymore.

Barry

td

The phone company managed to disconnect the phone system yesterday while doing some work in the area.  They supposedly fixed it but it seems to be broken again.   It is in the process of being fixed but have no idea when that will be accomplished.

You don't need to call to order our products. Just go to our website's main page and select either "Order New Software" or "Maintenance Renewal" link on the left-hand side of the page under the "Ordering" header.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

bmclellan

Thanks!

Just trying to figure out support, I'm with a new company and want them to buy Winbatch; however when I put in my request with them, they said Winbatch was being discontinued, and that when they dialed the number it was offline.

That being said, is the structure going to remain the same? Buy once, yearly maintenance, as well as the product will continue to be updated?

When going to the order site, it has in bold, New purchases will have a maintenance subscription through June 30th, which is just about over.

td

Have no idea what you mean by "figure out support" but if you look on our Website you will find the WinBatch will be maintain, supported, enhanced, and sold by a new company that was started by a WindowWare employee.   It is definitely not being discontinued.

The WindowWare WinBatch maintenance agreement means that you get one year of free downloads of any new versions and that is all it means.   So if you purchase a new copy, you will not be able to download any new releases for free.  This doesn't really matter as the current release is the last one that will be offered by Wilson WindowWare. 

The new company will provide technical support for any WinBatch user of any strip so in that respect nothing is going to change.   The forum is not going away either.   There will be some changes to how the product is licensed.  This is in part because the new company did not takeover WindowWare and its customer purchase records.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

mcjathan

TD,  How will renewals be handled going forward?  Will current licensees be emailed?  Will there be an announcement in this forum?  Announcement on the main page of Winbatch.com?

td

Just check on the WinBatch Website patriotically.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

PaulSamuelson

td

Yup.  But please remember to run away after lighting the fuse.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

chrislegarth

It felt so good purchasing my WinBatch (Act 2) software today!  ;D

td

- Dr. Tom Cade