Coding at night?

Started by bottomleypotts, May 30, 2018, 12:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottomleypotts

Does anyone have a default.clr file that works for programming into the wee hours? I'm finding f.lux and the lowest brightness on my monitor just isn't helping me be productive lately.

stanl

Tempted to suggest a Bogart Martini...  but my experience with night hawk coding involves a black background in the editor with optional highlighting. I don't believe WB Studio offers a background option as do VS or Python editors. Hopefully you get the .clr you seek.

td

Actually, WinBatch Studio does offer a background option.   Go to View->Options... Then select the File types tab.  On the File types property page select Syntax coloring...  On the Syntax Coloring for <your file type> dialog click the Change... button next to the Background text. Pick your color and then click Ok and Apply.  You can also change the color of syntax elements in the Syntax Coloring for <your file type> dialog.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Had a feeling I would stand corrected :o  - it is a handy feature, and if I stand as the only member who didn't know that it is time for a Martini.

bottomleypotts

chrislegarth

Here are the colors I like to use that I find easy on the eyes.

Syntax Coloring Dialog =====
Keywords: 0,101,202
Quotes: 255,96,96
Comments: 0,160,160
Default Text: 149,172,181
background: 2,41,52

WIL.clr file colors =====
CON=0,160,0
EXT=255,160,255
CONSTANT=0,128,255
WED=0,128,0
newvar=255,128,0