WinBatch+Complier Install Fails on Windows 10

Started by jferraro, June 17, 2015, 07:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jferraro

Need help installing Compiler_2015a on Windows 10

Receiving the following:

3065:  Variable could not be converted to a valid number

On line 1169 of c:\.....\setup.wbt

textall=strcat(textall,"    ",int(DiskHave/1024),"KB")

Trace shows  (setup.wbt)
687 while @TRUE
switch 689 switch SetState
<error> 1169 textall=strcat(textall,"    "....

More Error Info shows:
"Argument number 1 could not be converted"

I have tried:
1.  Install to alternate drive
2.  Reset Temp variable for both system & user to alternate drive/directory

td

The problem is the result of the size of your hard drive and isn't related directly to Windows 10 and the problem has already been addressed in the setup.exe 

Also note that WinBatch 2015A  does not support Windows 10 betas.  You will encounter problems.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

jferraro

Thanks, I had a feeling it would be 'unsupported' and understand, however... you say already fixed in setup.exe, what am I missing, setup.exe fails?  I have Compliler_2015A which is the latest. 

td

You are missing that the problem has already been addressed in the setup.exe that will be part of the next release... 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

jferraro

Thank you.  You said it was fixed, but didn't actually mention 'the next release' part, which is kinda key... ;)  Appreciate the time, will continue on my windows 7 image until it's released...

td

Assumed it was obvious so it wasn't mentioned.   If you are having the problem in the current release then it isn't fixed in the current release so the only other possibility (assuming personal integrity) is that it is fixed for the up coming release.

Should know better than to make assumptions.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DAG_P6

Do those of us who perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 have a rude surprise awaiting?
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

td

Not if you upgrade to the coming version of WinBatch.  Otherwise, you will experience a few problems mostly caused by MSFT's 'Version Lying' technology...
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DAG_P6

Does this mean that all existing WB scripts must be recompiled to run against the new WIL DLL?
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

td

Did you recompile when migrating from Window 7 to Windows 8.1?  If yes then yes and if no then maybe not.
  - Dr. Tom Cade