Run program in non-zoomed state

Started by fhammer, April 01, 2019, 11:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhammer

When I use a Run command to run a program (e.g. "chrome.exe"), it sometimes starts in a zoomed state, even though I specify @NORMAL in the run command.
It appears that specifying @NORMAL (with either the Run or RunShell functions), starts the program in same window state as was previously run.

I can temporarily change the behavior by:
  - Manually starting the program,
  - "restore down"
  - Exit the program (via the program's Exit feature, rather than the window's "X")

Is there a way to run a program such that the associated window is "normal and not zoomed"?

Thanks.

td

The simplest explanation to the first part of your post is that "it's just the way Windows works."  As for your question, see the response to your previous question.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

jmburton2001

Quote from: fhammer on April 01, 2019, 11:01:36 AM
When I use a Run command to run a program (e.g. "chrome.exe"), it sometimes starts in a zoomed state, even though I specify @NORMAL in the run command.

Is there a way to run a program such that the associated window is "normal and not zoomed"?

I ran into that issue running Chrome within a script. I solved my Chrome window size and position using Chrome's command line switches rather than trying to control the window with Winbatch.

Just my two cents... YMMV!

td

The OP mentioned Chrome as an example but he also mentioned that he was starting multiple applications without necessarily knowing what they might be in advance and what works for Chrome is not likely to work for other applications.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade