Extender version is outdated

Started by scoutt, April 15, 2024, 07:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoutt

So I have 2021D both program and compiler and I needed to update some legacy code to update some Active Directory paths and we are migrating domains. I did that, I have addextender for wwwnt64i.dll in the code. When I compiled it for 64bit and go to run it, it tells me:

"AddExtender version is outdated: need newer version of extender"

We didn't upgrade OS's so why is it all of a sudden outdated? How do I go about getting it upgraded.  It's the only application that we have left on Winbatch so not looking to spend any money.

td

64-bit WinBatch became Large Address Aware with version 2018B. For that to work some extenders require re-coding and recompiling to work with 64-bit WinBatch. In the case of "wwwnt64i" you need at least version 39025. You likely need to use a newer version of the extender.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

scoutt

That's just it, we have compiled 64bit with this version before back in 2021, it has worked ever since. Why can't I recompile with the same version now? Where do I get that version of the DLL? Shouldn't it be part of my package?

td

You need to check the extender version. It has happened more than a few times that users think they are using the same version of an extender or compiler from some time in the past but later find out they are not.

If you don't have at least version 39025 of the extender, you can download the latest version by clicking the Download button at the top of this forum. Scroll down the page to find the extender.

Also, make sure you are using the version of the compiler that you think you are using.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

scoutt

Thank you, I finally found one that was 5 years newer on our system, it now works. I made sure I updated all of the older ones with the newer one. I inherited this project from a retire, so all is good now.

scoutt

One thing I am noticing is when I compile the program, it is a lot smaller than original currently running. I made it large exe and have that dll in the extenders box. Its almost like it is not adding the file to the compiled exe. If I put that dll in the same directory of the program it runs fine, when I remove it I get the error. The DLL is in the same directory as the wbt file when I compile. The code it not linking to some directory either:

AddExtender("WWWNT64i.DLL") ;Used for WntRemoteTime

Thoughts?

td

The compiled exe extracts extenders to the location of the exe. You need to confirm that you are selecting the extender "Select Extenders" dialog and the extender appears on the left-hand side list after selection. The exe size difference indicates that you have not properly selected the extender.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

scoutt

Is this not how to select them?
You cannot view this attachment.

td

Check to make sure you don't have "Skip auto-extraction..." checked in the Modify Settings dialog.

The "Select Extenders" dialog should look something like the following:

- Dr. Tom Cade