using a box as the background

Started by edmoran, September 20, 2016, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edmoran

I have a script that uses boxopen commands and dialog commands.  The only problem is that behind all that, you can see the desktop.  I don't want to show the desktop.

I decided to draw an initial box in the very beginning of the script to cover the whole screen and be used as a background.  It looks great.  Except that now the 2nd boxopen command doesn't look the same.  It looks weird.  I'm thinking I now have to use a boxnew command for any new boxes after this new one I've added.  The problem is that boxopen was so nice.  It would be sized and centered perfectly automatically and the boxnew command needs coordinates.  I would really like to avoid having to do boxnew and have to calculate the coordinates each time.

This initial box is to stay there for the whole duration of the script while other boxes and dialogs are opening and closing.   Do I have any alternatives to boxnew?  Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Ed Moran

td

Specifying coordinates is not that big a deal.  If you have WinBatch+Compiler, take a look because it makes use of multiple boxes and dialogs against a few script box in the background.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade