Extended ASCII

Started by seckner, July 15, 2013, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seckner

I know I saw this somewhere - getting OLD..- I'm building a simple text report and I'd like to use an extended ASCII (251) checkmark character. I've been digging through my old stuff and  the database but can't find how to insert an extended character. Help greatly appreciated!

Deana

Maybe the function you are thinking of is BinaryConvert?
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

DAG_P6

Quote from: seckner on July 15, 2013, 12:12:18 PM
I know I saw this somewhere - getting OLD..- I'm building a simple text report and I'd like to use an extended ASCII (251) checkmark character. I've been digging through my old stuff and  the database but can't find how to insert an extended character. Help greatly appreciated!

I am so glad to see that I'm not the only person who likes to use that character.

Be warned, however, that it can play serious havoc with Microsoft Excel, if you import a formatted file that contains check marks in one or more columns. Excel throws away the check mark, and every field to the right of it is shifted one slot to the left.

I'm sure you have already discovered, as well, that many Windows fonts display the check mark in an unrecognizable way, often resulting in ambiguity.
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.