DOS window in a dialog

Started by seckner, August 10, 2017, 06:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seckner

I thought (well, that's scary!) I had seen that someone had figured a way to put a DOS window inside a WB dialog. Of course, now that I need that functionality I can't find it. Is there a way to do this? 

The basic script is just calling 7 Zip from the command line and zipping up fairly large user directories. It all works quite well, I'm just trying to clean up the screen some and thought it would be nice to put the command window into a nice dialog box. 

I have the udflib.redirection.wbt from guiguy and it does the job so I've spent the last day or so trying to understand what he's doing - he's MUCH better than I am. Thanks for any ideas!

td

Can think of a couple of ways to attempt what you suggest but one would, at best, only partially work and the other would be more work than it is worth.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

seckner

Thank you, I was afraid of that.

JTaylor

I take it you want to be able to see the DOS Window (cause you could run it hidden if not)?.  You could make it look like it was embedded in a dialog and whenever you move the dialog move the DOS Window so it remains in the same place within the dialog.

Jim

td

Yes, that is the "only partially work" solution.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade