Reggie extender

Started by mstarliper, August 01, 2013, 06:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mstarliper

I see in the tech database under Reggie->64 bit registry:

Answer:

Update: 64-bit support was added starting in WinBatch 2011B

Yes currently all of WinBatch is 32 bit. What is the problem you are having exactly?

The Reggie Extender currently allows searching the WOW6432Node only. You must use RegOpenFlags and the other standard WIL    Registry functions, instead.

How do I switch between the 64bit view and the 32bit view? I still seem to only get the 32bit registry using rRegSearch.

Or, am I misreading, and the "64-bit support was added" is applying to WinBatch, not the extender?
----
Michael

td

The WinBatch registry function have supported switching between the 32-bit and 64-bit view of the registry since version 2005E so a 64-bit version of WinBatch (released with the 2011B version) is not necessary to view the 64-bit registry.  However, the Reggie extender only supports the 32-bit view of the registry and has not been ported to 64-bit.

There are several other methods that can be used with WinBatch to search the registry.  One very good alternative is MSFT's LogParser tool. It is a COM Automation server so it is relatively easy to integrate it into WinBatch scripts, it's free, it's fast and it can search the registry.  It can be found here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24659

It is a popular tool so there is a lot of on-line documentation and discussion related to the product.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

Deana

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

mstarliper

Sorry for the late reply -- I got pulled twenty different ways.

Thank you both. I've made mods using the standard WinBatch functions and things seem to be working fine.
----
Michael