Feedback On How To Display a Log File

Started by geauga, April 28, 2017, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geauga

I am looking for feedback from you on how would be the best way to display unstructured log files into a Dialog similar to REPORTVIEW control.  Any suggestions?

td

The usefulness of any suggestion depends on what you mean by "unstructured".  If your log files have some kind of line terminator, you can simply read each file into an array and then display the array in a REPORTVIEW.   If you have standard DOS carriage-return pluss line-feed or line-feed line terminator you could use the ArrayFileGet function to read the log file into an array.  You can find out more in the Consolidated WIL Help file documentation for the function.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

you can search for 'logparser' in the tech db. Product is still around, still free and works well with WB

geauga

Logparser looks like a sweet tool that I can use but with the specific use I have here I want to compile and send to user PC as a standalone app.  I will play with the array commands.  Thanks for the feedback.