Embed text string into an image file

Started by steeld, October 25, 2013, 02:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steeld

I have a WinBatch script to capture a number of graphs from a cloud-based web application for inserting into an intranet. Apart from not being able to automate everything, it is working fine. However, I would like to be able to overlay a title onto each graph. This seems to be beyond the capabilities of the Pixie extender so the question is whether anybody is aware of any other technique/library I might use?

Thanks

David

Deana

Quote from: steeld on October 25, 2013, 02:49:21 AM
I have a WinBatch script to capture a number of graphs from a cloud-based web application for inserting into an intranet. Apart from not being able to automate everything, it is working fine. However, I would like to be able to overlay a title onto each graph. This seems to be beyond the capabilities of the Pixie extender so the question is whether anybody is aware of any other technique/library I might use?

Thanks

David

Please provide more information about the graph format? Is it an image file, pdf or something else?

If by chance its a bitmap you could try this code: http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/webbatch.exe?techsupt/tsleft.web+WinBatch/DllCall~Information+Stamp~text~on~bitmaps.txt
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

steeld

My approach has been to have WB capture the screen, crop it with the Pixie extender and then convert to JPEG for use on an Intranet. ImageMagick might be a possibility. I have used it with WebBatch many years ago.

Thanks

David