Overlaying controls in dialog editor 6.1

Started by cssyphus, October 23, 2017, 01:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cssyphus

Been away from WB for a while and cannot recall how this works.

Wanting to put a couple of controls "on top of" a picture control that just has a solid-color background. Just a Q&D visual thing. However, the picture control always displays above (on top of) the other controls, hiding them. I want it the other way around. Is there a way to "move to the back", so to speak? A z-index type of thing?
Is this a pandemic... or an IQ test? newz.icu

JTaylor

Tab order will affect the display.   When you start clicking things the display may not stay the way you want though but obviously can't say for sure in your case.

Jim

cssyphus

Thanks Jim, as always.

That didn't do the trick in this instance. I adjusted the tab order of the picture control from 1 to 999 and the picture control remains on top in all instances. Here is the dlg code - is there something I'm overlooking?

MyDialogFormat=`WWWDLGED,6.2`

MyDialogCaption=`WIL Dialog 1`
MyDialogX=154
MyDialogY=133
MyDialogWidth=404
MyDialogHeight=148
MyDialogNumControls=006
MyDialogProcedure=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogFont=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogTextColor=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogBackground=`DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialogConfig=0

MyDialog001=`111,127,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_OK",DEFAULT,"OK",1,10,32,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog002=`257,127,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_Cancel",DEFAULT,"Cancel",0,20,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog003=`003,003,110,118,GROUPBOX,"grp1",DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,30,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,"0|128|0"`
MyDialog004=`023,019,036,012,EDITBOX,"EditBox_2",ebVariable2,"Edit 2",DEFAULT,40,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog005=`023,035,044,012,STATICTEXT,"StaticText_2",DEFAULT,"Static 2",DEFAULT,50,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog006=`007,023,100,068,PICTURE,"Picture_2",DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,999,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,"D:\lib\Pictures\Misc\webdev\mauve.bmp"`

ButtonPushed=Dialog("MyDialog")

JTaylor

Maybe I am misunderstanding???   When I run the attached the two controls appear on top of the picture button.

Jim

JTaylor

cssyphus

Thanks for that confirmation, Jim. Must be either a PBKAC on my end, or a version problem (using 2011B for this project). Will try again tomorrow with a different version.

JTaylor

I am trying to remember...if you are running it compiled you may need to reverse the order.  If the picture button tab order is higher then make it lower or the reverse.  It is never something that works very well...at least in my experience.  In any event, running it interpreted it works as I understand you want.

Jim

kdmoyers

<< if you are running it compiled you may need to reverse the order >>

That rings a bell with me too. 
-K
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.