Run EXE from Winbatch in Windows 8.1

Started by pweyrosta, July 29, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pweyrosta

Hi,

I'm trying to run a compiled Winbatch-Script (exe) from within another Winbatch Script under Windows 8.1 with UAC switched off.
None of the methods that I know is working.

Shellexecute doesnt even start the exe
RunHide starts it, but the called exe doesn't do anything except displaying messages.
Compiling it as wbc and calling it gives the same result.
If I start the exe directly it works fine.

I would like to start the exe (compiled Winbatch) from within another exe (compiled Winbatch too)
Any idea how to achieve that?

td

There are no known issues with executing a one compiled WinBatch script from another compile WinBatch script that are specific to Windows 8.1.  If you use ShellExecute to start another compiled script, the script calling ShellExecute isn't even aware of the fact that it is calling another compiled script.  So whatever the issue it  isn't like do to your version of Windows. 

One thing you may or may not be aware of is that on Windows 8 and 8.1, UAC isn't necessarily turned off just because you don't get an elevation prompt.  You need to tweak group policy in the registry to completely turn it off.  Changing the User Account Control Settings slider to 'Never notify' does not turn UAC off.

Perhaps if  your provide a little more detail about things like the location of your exes, the manifest setting you are using, whether or not you are signing your exes, and what generally are the two script attempting to do, we might be able to provide a little more assistance.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade