run time error while execution

Started by aram, May 19, 2017, 07:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aram

Hi Winbatch users/support team

We recently migrated from 2003 to 2012. Some scripts fail with an error of dll not found.

No issues in compilation (using the 64 bit version)

Appreciate your assistance/guidance

td

First, there is no reason to use 64-bit WinBatch unless you have a specific reason to do so.  32-bit WinBatch works just fine on 64-bit Windows.

You are getting the "DLL not found" error because the WIL interpreter DLL cannot be found.  You need to either make sure the 64-bit  interpreter DLL is present in a location that the compiled script will find it in or use the "Large EXE for stand alone PC's" compiler option.  If you do the latter, the exe process needs to have write access to extract the DLL.  These requirements are the same for both 32-bit and 64-bit compiled scripts and have not change for many years.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

aram

hi Td.

thanks. I agree with you. I don't see a reason to move to 64 bit.

now where do I find the "WIL interpreter DLL " driver ? and where shuld the dll be placed ?

td

The WIL DLL is not a "driver".   It is an executable component that implements the WIL scripting language a.k.a. WinBatch.  As previously mentioned, the best approach is to use the "Large EXE for stand alone PC's" compiler option to insure that you the DLL is available.  If you are unfamiliar with compiler options or compiling scripts in general, you might want to spend some time reading the compiler documentation in the Consolidated WIL help file.  The compiler documentation can be found in the WinBatch Users Guide section.

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade