Windows 7 winlogon and shell

Started by jfrasier, October 01, 2014, 05:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrasier

I installed a program that runs as shell until the user logs into that application. The computer uses autoadmin logon. When I am at the computer I can CTRL-ALT-DEL, switch user, hold down CTRL and force the application to close, then shift so then I get the windows logon to logon as tech. But when I use VNC to access this computer, I can hold down CTRL or SHIFT or both when I choose Switch user and it just comes back to the application.

I am thinking that if I could run a script that would replace this shell with explorer that would work. Can I do that?

Thanks

Jane

td

It is theoretically possible provided you have a way to start the script and all the user permissions are sufficient. You could try using TerminatApp or WinClose to kill the alternate shell and then use ShellExecute or one of the Run* functions to start 'explorer.exe'.  However, you might want to peruse the VNC documentation first.  It may shed some light on why the key is not being transmitted to the host and maybe offer an alternate way to transmit the key to the host.   
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade