URL call in a dialog box

Started by hienpham, June 04, 2015, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hienpham

Hello,
  We need to add a URL call in text of a dialog box WWWDLGED, somehow after leaving the IE we can come back to the dialog box
How can we do that?

Thanks

Hien

JTaylor

Not enough detail to offer very good advice but there are, of course, functions like RunWait() if you are wanting to block anything from happening until IE closes.  Would need more information before offering any other suggestions.

Jim

hienpham

I just want to use WinBatch Dialog to create a dialog box (containing Push button, Radio button,...). In the Static Text (or/and Variable Text) section I want to include an URL referring  to a Web Page that the users will click if they want more info.

Thanks

hienpham

Thank you!
I found the solution. Just add an HTML text in the COMCONTROL call inside of the WinBatch Dialog.
Something likes:

user_message007=`015,076,216,115,COMCONTROL,DEFAULT,"%home%urgent_message.html",DEFAULT,7,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`

JTaylor

That was part of the info that was lacking...what type of approach was acceptable.

Another option, for future reference, is to use a pushbutton but give it a flat appearance and the same color as the background.  You can then make the text color blue and underlined and make it look like a standard hyperlink.  This would be in a situation where you want it to open an external browser.

Jim

kdmoyers

Quote from: JTaylor on June 04, 2015, 08:34:46 PM
That was part of the info that was lacking...what type of approach was acceptable.

Another option, for future reference, is to use a pushbutton but give it a flat appearance and the same color as the background.  You can then make the text color blue and underlined and make it look like a standard hyperlink.  This would be in a situation where you want it to open an external browser.

Jim
I've used exactly this trick and it works great. lightweight too, since it's really nothing but a plain old button.
-Kirby
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.