Postie Extender: Extender DLL is invalid

Started by 1topgun, June 15, 2015, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1topgun

I'm getting the following error message when I include

AddExtender("wwpst44i.dll")

Using Winbat: 2015A licensed

Postie download: Ver 44049, January 21, 2015

I've re-downloaded file & re-installed it, no change. Also ran vcheck, shows correct versions

Any ideas on what may be causing the DLL problem?

td

The only time WinBatch will generate that exact error is when it receives Windows system error 'ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT'.  That error means your dll is corrupt and no, the extender on the download server is not corrupt.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

1topgun

Resolution was to run in 32 bit mode, 64 bit mode was source of error

td

The Postie extender does not have a 64-bit version because it relies in part on 3rd party source code that is not ported to 64-bit and a 64-bit process cannot load a 32-bit DLL.   All extenders that have been ported to 64-bit install both a 32-bit and 64-bit DLL on 64-bit systems.   64-bit DLLs have '64' in the file name and are placed in the WinBatch 64-bit 'system' directory.  You can place both the 32-bit and 64-bit extender names in a single call to the  'AddExtender' function and the function will select the correct version for you.  See the functions documentation in the Consolidated WIL Help file for details. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade