Started by lars doornbos, August 26, 2013, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars doornbos

Hello,

I tried to copy WinBatch code from this board to a file, but everything is on
one record, so not useable.
Help!

JTaylor

From another discussion of this problem...

Jim

I can't work out exactly what is doing it.. but it is still "broken" on my usual work PC.

Something is making IE9 put the copied text (from the colorized div) on the clipboard without any line breaks.

I've been looking on the web, and there are a million different postings in various forums about very similar issues, but none of the solutons I've seen and tried have worked or directly apply to me.

For me, a temporary way around it is to load this forum using IE's compatibility view and then clipboard copy/paste worked with line breaks, so I can live with that for now until I find the real culpret.

Regards,
....IFICantBYTE

morenos1

Just click the "Print" button and when the second window opens, just copy the code frem there ......

Deana

Lars,
What browser are you using? And which version exactly?
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

lars doornbos

Deana

There have been reports that both IE 8 and IE 9 do not treat the html {br} tag as line breaks when copying and pasting. Testing indicates that IE 7, IE 10, FireFox and Chrome do not have this issue. If you choose to continue to use IE 8 or IE 9, then your options for copying code from this forum are as follows:

• Load the forum using IE's Compatibility mode for IE 7 then copy the code.
  • Choose print from the topics heading then copy the code from the resulting window

These options seem to copy the code so that it still includes the line breaks.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.