DROPLIST Behavior

Started by stanl, December 13, 2013, 10:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

Used to be when I had a droplist in a dialog checked as list only you could a letter and it would move to that part of the list, for example a  list of last names (400 entries) pre-sorted so that when the droplist would begin with A, but if you typed F it would move there.

Long story short, this no longer works for me with WB 2013.

JTaylor

Keep in mind you have to have the "List Only" box checked under Style.

Jim

stanl

Quote from: JTaylor on December 13, 2013, 10:43:29 AM
Keep in mind you have to have the "List Only" box checked under Style.

Jim

Sorry about your eyes, but I wrote I had a droplist in a dialog checked as list only

Deana

Stan,

The following code works for me on all versions of 2013:

Code (winbatch) Select

dlVariable1 = StrReplace( 'a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z', ' ', @TAB )
MyDialogFormat=`WWWDLGED,6.2`
MyDialogCaption=`WIL Dialog 1`
MyDialogX=002
MyDialogY=059
MyDialogWidth=236
MyDialogHeight=125
MyDialogNumControls=003
MyDialogProcedure=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogFont=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogTextColor=`DEFAULT`
MyDialogBackground=`DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialogConfig=0

MyDialog001=`033,091,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_OK",DEFAULT,"OK",1,10,32,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog002=`111,091,036,012,PUSHBUTTON,"PushButton_Cancel",DEFAULT,"Cancel",0,20,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`
MyDialog003=`033,021,140,060,DROPLISTBOX,"DropListBox_1",dlVariable1,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,30,4,DEFAULT,DEFAULT,DEFAULT`

ButtonPushed=Dialog("MyDialog")

See if this code works for you. If it doesnt it time to inspect your code very closely. Feel free to post the simplified code here that you are having a problem with.

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

Sorry...I'm going to have to stop trying to help...I seem to always get it wrong  :(

Not that it helps you but it does behave correctly for me with version 2013A, B, C and now D.

Jim

stanl

OMG! I apologize to everyone. It seems when I performed the query from the db table the names came back with leading spaces, but just didn't look like that in the dropdown. Changed the query to trim(names) and all is well.

The data is extracted from a predictive dialer and parsed through Excel. Seems the leading spaces were planned and I was the last to know.

Again sorry..... need sleep