Increase WinBatch Studio "Recent Files" list

Started by stevengraff, December 22, 2013, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevengraff

I'm using 2008b. Maybe I should upgrade.  :)

I'd like to increase the number of "Recent Files" I can have on the File menu.

td

WinBatch Studio supports 6 MRU files in the file menu.  This has not changed.  The latest beta does add the necessary registry settings to support the Windows shell's jump list functionality.  The default maximum number of files in a jump list is 10, so it is a bit of an increase over the MRU list.

Since I keep WinBatch Studio pinned to the task bar and do not have the 'Allow multiple instances' option selected, I find the jump list infinitely more useful than the File menu item's MRU listing.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

I forgot the mention that although I can't guarantee success because I haven't tried it, you likely don't need to upgrade to add jump list support.  You version of  WinBatch Studio should support them.  All you should need to do is run WinBatch Studio on a version of Windows that supports jump list and make the appropriate registry changes.   
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade