InI Files

Started by AMO, July 09, 2018, 07:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMO

Hello everyone.

I seem to be having a little trouble with Reading .ini files anyone have some pointers?
I have been reading everything to try to understand how they read in the ini file, but I cant seem to get the hang of it.

Thank you,
~AMO

JTaylor

Please post an example of what you have tried that fails along with any error messages?

Jim

td

Accessing, creating, deleting and modifying initialization files is both straightforward covered in the Consolidated WIL Help file. The functions include IniReadPvt, IniWritePvt, IniItemizePvt and IniDeletePvt.  There is also a set of similar functions for legacy system initialization files that actually access the registry instead of a file in most cases.  Those functions are maintained for backward compatibility, have the same names as the above except for the "Pvt" on the end of each name, and are seldom used on modern versions of Windows.

Unless you have a more specific question, you might wish to take a look at the functions' documentation in the help file. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

kdmoyers

Well, I can say that inireadpvt and iniwritepvt are solid and useful and forgiving and just great.  The only thing they do NOT do well is arbitrate between multiple users.  But as long as it's just the one user on a local drive, they are rock solid.  I have used them and misused them and they always work as documented.
-Kirby
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.