Shutdown process interrupt to ask if I want close the script

Started by archimede, September 27, 2013, 06:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archimede

I have Windows 7 and an old version of Winbatch: WinBatch 2008C
I compiled a script that I launched, but, when it is running and I close the system, the script stop the shutdown process asking me if I want to close the script; I I answer yes the shutdown process continue.
I would the shutdown process non interrupt for ask me that: is it possible? How?

archimede

I was banned from this forum for spamming, but I no spammed...
I'm sorry if I made anything you not like, please tell me what I made you not like to no redo the same thing (I'm sure I no spammed).
I'm sorry, I thin it was a mistake.

Deana

Quote from: archimede on September 27, 2013, 06:47:46 AM
I have Windows 7 and an old version of Winbatch: WinBatch 2008C
I compiled a script that I launched, but, when it is running and I close the system, the script stop the shutdown process asking me if I want to close the script; I I answer yes the shutdown process continue.
I would the shutdown process non interrupt for ask me that: is it possible? How?

Unfortunately WinBatch 2008C is not supported on Windows 7. The minimum supported version of WinBatch on Windows 7 is WinBatch 2009C. I recommend updating you WinBatch to the current version if you plan on running on Windows 7. For more information about software renewals, please see: http://renewals.winbatch.com.

Now on to your question. You can simply add IntControl(12,5,0,0,0) to tell the script to Exit quietly.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

archimede

The manual about Intcontrol ( 12, p1, p2, 0, 0 ) tells there are only these value por p1:
0 show popup window to ask to close or not the script ( I think the default value )
1 Windows can close the application without problem
2 Windows can not close application
3 reserved
no other

Must I use 1 or 5 for p1?

Deana

See my response in the other thread: http://forum.winbatch.com/index.php?topic=310.msg1201#msg1201. It should help explain how the IntControl 12 function works.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

Quote from: archimede on September 27, 2013, 06:50:25 AM
I was banned from this forum for spamming, but I no spammed...
I'm sorry if I made anything you not like, please tell me what I made you not like to no redo the same thing (I'm sure I no spammed).
I'm sorry, I thin it was a mistake.

We are constantly fending off bots trying create forum accounts. We apologize, it was a mistake on our part.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

DAG_P6

Although not officially sanctioned, I have a number of legacy scripts that were created by compilers as old as 2005G that behave admirably on Windows 7.
David A. Gray
You are more important than any technology.

Deana

Quote from: DAG_P6 on September 28, 2013, 02:03:26 PM
Although not officially sanctioned, I have a number of legacy scripts that were created by compilers as old as 2005G that behave admirably on Windows 7.

You must realize that the 2005 version was developed and released, long before Windows 7 was even available. We have made a lot of changes to WinBatch to make it compatible with Windows Vista and newer. Its good to hear you have been running compiled scripts successfully, however it is not recommended nor supported.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

DAG_P6

Quote from: Deana on September 28, 2013, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: DAG_P6 on September 28, 2013, 02:03:26 PM

You must realize that the 2005 version was developed and released, long before Windows 7 was even available. We have made a lot of changes to WinBatch to make it compatible with Windows Vista and newer. Its good to hear you have been running compiled scripts successfully, however it is not recommended nor supported.

Nevertheless, I think it says a lot about your product that the old compiled scripts still run on newer operating systems. It's a good thing, too, because most of us probably wouldn't take the time and effort to build working scripts against a new compiler, just so that it runs in an officially sanctioned interpreter. If it quits working, of course, I'll build a new version, bot, so long as it keeps working, why should I?
David A. Gray

Deana

Quote from: DAG_P6 on September 30, 2013, 06:00:10 PM
Nevertheless, I think it says a lot about your product that the old compiled scripts still run on newer operating systems. It's a good thing, too, because most of us probably wouldn't take the time and effort to build working scripts against a new compiler, just so that it runs in an officially sanctioned interpreter. If it quits working, of course, I'll build a new version, bot, so long as it keeps working, why should I?

Maintenance plans allows us to stay in business, continue to improve the software for the newer platforms and allows us to continue to support the software on forums such as this.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

DAG_P6

Quote from: Deana on October 01, 2013, 07:32:13 AM
Maintenance plans allows us to stay in business, continue to improve the software for the newer platforms and allows us to continue to support the software on forums such as this.

That's why mine is current.
David A. Gray