AskColor() & Related Issues

Started by JTaylor, December 04, 2020, 11:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

I am sure I have raised this before and just encountered it again so thought I would ask again that AskColor() accept WB's RGB format "0|0|0"  as the default color format.   This has never made sense to me but maybe I am missing something.

Since WB's format was required for most color things it never made sense that this function wouldn't accept the required format and one is left having to convert WinBatch's color format to be used in a WinBatch function.  I know some color tweaks have been made recently but even those don't make sense to me.   For DialogControlSet() if one sets a color and wants to use the HEX color format that is returned from AskColor(), so we don't have to then convert the color to go back and use AskColor() and use that as a default color,  we can't use that format either as it requires that the HEX value be preceded by an "h".  This inexplicably requires one to do something like StrReplace(color,"#","h").  May have been other issues but this is all that is coming to mind at the moment.

Am I missing something?  If not, any chance you could take a few minutes and change things so they work in a way that makes sense?

Thanks as always.

Jim

td

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade