Have WinBatch 2012C October 9, 2012 & just accidentally erased my license

Started by AtosShahid, July 20, 2022, 06:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtosShahid

To Whom It May Concern:

I have an old version of WinBatch 2012C October 9, 2013 that has served my group very well over the years. While trying to install it on another server because the server it is on is being decommission I unintentionally erased the licensing information. When I entered in the licensing information, ID, NUM & Licensee, that we received when we purchased the software in 2012 I am getting an invalid license error.

How do I resolve this issue short of purchasing the most recent version?

td

Since you didn't indicate the version of Windows and how exactly you are attempting the license WinBath, any estimate of the cause will involve some assumptions. One explanation is that you are not licensing WinBatch from an elevated Admin account. One way to do that is to use WinBatch Navigator to license WinBatch.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

AtosShahid

To TD:

Windows Server 2012 R2 & licensing the account by running WinBatch.exe.

td

You are attempting to license from an Admin account? If you are then you should be able to license the software. The only other obvious problem is using incorrect or mistyped license information, or you're placing the id number in the control field and the control number in the id field.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

AtosShahid

The Registration ID & Control Number are entered in the correct fields. When I switch them just to confirm I immediately get the 'Incorrect Licensing Data' error. When the information is entered correctly the process proceeds to the next prompt which is 'Please enter name of the licensee of this product.' After entering my company name the 'Incorrect Licensing Data' error appears.

td

That series of events generally indicates that you are not writing the license information out to the appropriate locations. This can happen if you are using an elevated administrator account to perform the licensing.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

AtosShahid

I am using the local Administrator credentials for the license information.

Long shot question....

If I email the Registration ID & Control Number to you, can you check your purchase records for the sale?

td

No, we cannot. Island Lake Consulting LLC does not have Wilson WindowWare, Inc. customer information. ILC can confirm that the license information is valid for the version of WinBatch you referred to. Please send the license data to the Sales or Support email address.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

Your license information is valid for WinBatch version 2010C or older so you cannot use it to license 2012C.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

AtosShahid

That is strange since we used the same license information back in YR2012 when the upgrade version was purchased.

Is the 2010C version still available for download?

td

The license information you provided will not work with 2012C so you could not have used it to license that version.
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

- Dr. Tom Cade

AtosShahid

Thanks TD, that worked.

Now, I just have to find the license information for the 2012C version.

JTaylor

AtosShahid

The company will not allow this as the function will be migrated to FAAS & server decommissioned.