compiler settings (.cmp)

Started by fhammer, May 13, 2016, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhammer

I'm trying to set things up to easily compile a wbt file, using the same settings each time.
The first time I compile, I interactively choose the source and destination files.
The destination folder is different from the source folder.
Everything works fine, interactively. The .exe file is created in the destination directory, and a .cmp file is created in the source directory.
When I examine the .cmp file (with notepad), Src= contains the source filename (without path), and Targ= contains the full path to the destination file.

I set up a file association, so that .cmp files are always opened with WBCOMPILER.EXE.
What I would like to be able to do, is double-click the .cmp file, and compile with the same settings.

However, when I do that, the compiler appears to use the .cmp file ITSELF as it's source, generating a useless exe in the destination directory, and generates a new .cmp file in the source directory with Src= the name of the .cmp file ITSELF.

I must be doing something wrong. Maybe there is another way to accomplish my objective.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

td

Assuming like most WinBatch users you allowed FileMenu to install when you installed WinBatch, FileMenu is likely your easiest solution.  In an Explorer window right-click on any WBT file and select 'WinBatch Compiler' or 'WinBatch Compiler 64-bit'.

Otherwise, things get a little more involved.  There are several approaches but first it would be best to take a look at the Compiler Usage topic under the WinBatch/Compiler section of the help file.  Basically, the first command line parameter needs to be either a directory path, a script, or a '.cmplist' file.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade