Registry skills refresh

Started by stanl, March 05, 2020, 03:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanl

Noticed I hadn't worked with WB registry functions in a script since 2006. Below is something I put together with help from Consolidated Help to enumerate installed app paths.
Code (WINBATCH) Select

;Winbatch 2020A - Enumerate Installed Application Path
;testing for 64-bit / RegEntryType
;=========================================================================================
IntControl(73,1,0,0,0)
gosub udfs

RegOpenFlags(64)
key=RegOpenKey(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\")
list=RegQueryKeys(key)
RegCloseKey(key)
count = ItemCount( list, @TAB )

allapps=""

For x = 1 To count
   item=ItemExtract( x, list, @TAB )
   If RegExistValue(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]")
      type=RegEntryType(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]")
      delim=Num2Char(255)
      app=RegQueryEx(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]",delim,type)
      allapps=StrCat(allapps,@CRLF,app:item)
   EndIf
Next

Message("",allapps)
Exit

:udfs
#DefineSubRoutine geterror()
   wberroradditionalinfo = wberrorarray[6]
   lasterr = wberrorarray[0]
   handlerline = wberrorarray[1]
   textstring = wberrorarray[5]
   linenumber = wberrorarray[8]
   errmsg = "Error: ":lasterr:@LF:textstring:@LF:"Line (":linenumber:")":@LF:wberroradditionalinfo
   Return(errmsg)
#EndSubRoutine

Return

td

Thanks.  Somehow I don't think you are the only one that needs to refamiliarize themselves with some of the more than 1000 WIL and extender functions from time to time.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Quote from: td on March 06, 2020, 07:08:32 AM
Thanks.  Somehow I don't think you are the only one that needs to refamiliarize themselves with some of the more than 1000 WIL and extender functions from time to time.

Trying to expand the output to get FileVersionInfo.FileDescription using the CDL

kdmoyers

Quote from: td on March 06, 2020, 07:08:32 AM
(innocently) What, me? (yeah ok me)
The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

stanl

So, I added a UDF to return the FileDescrption.  Seems like it errors a lot, but handled that with a Path Cannot be Evaluated Pontius Pilate clause.  The script currently only acts on installed exe's.... but could be expanded. I guess the question: Could i signify a file description for a Compiled WB script that could be picked up by System.Diagnostics
Code (WINBATCH) Select

;Winbatch 2020A - Enumerate Installed Application Path
;testing for 64-bit / RegEntryType
;=========================================================================================
IntControl(73,1,0,0,0)
gosub udfs

ObjectClrOption("useany", "System")
oVer = ObjectClrNew('System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo')

RegOpenFlags(64)
key=RegOpenKey(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\")
list=RegQueryKeys(key)
RegCloseKey(key)
count = ItemCount( list, @TAB )
allapps=""

For x = 1 To count
   item=ItemExtract( x, list, @TAB )
   If RegExistValue(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]")
      type=RegEntryType(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]")
      delim=Num2Char(255)
      app=RegQueryEx(@REGMACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\%item%[Path]",delim,type)
      descrip = getdescrip(app:item)

allapps=StrCat(allapps,@CRLF,app:item:@TAB:descrip)
   EndIf
Next

oVer =0
Message("",allapps)
Exit

:udfs
#DefineSubRoutine geterror()
   wberroradditionalinfo = wberrorarray[6]
   lasterr = wberrorarray[0]
   handlerline = wberrorarray[1]
   textstring = wberrorarray[5]
   linenumber = wberrorarray[8]
   errmsg = "Error: ":lasterr:@LF:textstring:@LF:"Line (":linenumber:")":@LF:wberroradditionalinfo
   Return(errmsg)
#EndSubRoutine

#DefineSubRoutine getdescrip(d)
IntControl(73,1,0,0,0)
vs = oVer.GetVersionInfo("%d%")
Return(vs.FileDescription)
:WBERRORHANDLER
IntControl(73,1,0,0,0)
Return("Path Cannot Be Evaluated")
#EndSubRoutine

Return

td

Assuming I understand the question, you can set the "FileDescription" of a compiled script from the compiler's Version Dialog or by hand-editing the .cmp file.  That text should be picked up as the FileDescription property of the class.  You can also use the WIL FileVerInfo function to obtain the same info.

https://docs.winbatch.com/mergedProjects/WindowsInterfaceLanguage/html/WILAK_F__032.htm
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

stanl

Quote from: td on March 09, 2020, 07:55:57 AM
You can also use the WIL FileVerInfo function to obtain the same info.

Yep. Another lesson in re-familiarization :-\