CommControl Extender - Added TrackBar/Slider

Started by JTaylor, May 07, 2014, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

Prompted by the post about a TrackBar/Slider control I added it to the Extender.

Jim

Deana

Just few issues of note ( haven't had much time to review but thought i would share ):

[CommControlExtender.wbt]
dtHide UDF duplicate in CommControlExtender.wbt
tbSetBuddy function allows you to specify Text to display at beginning and end of Control, but doesn't hide it properly

[CommControl.wdl]
The refresh and exit button overlap the tabs.

[CommCtrl.chm]
Topic: introduction states: "The following are the same functions as above but split out into their own extenders so as to overcome the above stated problem." Yet the zip does not contain these files.

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

Thanks.   Guess I copied that one SubRoutine and was going to use it as a template for another and then quit part way through and went a different direction.

Started to say I don't have any overlap on mine but then realized I didn't copy the latest WDL file.  Oops!!!

Gave up on trying to split those out after you expanded the limitation.  That and quite a bit of hassle keeping up with it all without being sure it would be that useful.   Plus, the size limit on posting here is so small I can barely fit these two items.  Had to compress the Help file just to attach them in the same post.   Guess I could post them on my side and provide a link if needed.  In any event, thanks for the reminder on the Help file.

Hope it's not too much hassle me posting this stuff.  Really worked hard trying to make sure I covered all the bases but guess I didn't work hard enough.   I know the example script is UGLY, wasn't trying for a work of art but just something to demonstrate the functionality...so don't look too closely :)    Maybe I should create a separate script for each control type???

I re-posted the files in the original thread.

Jim

JTaylor

What did you try?  What happens if you do something like the following?   It clears for me.   Haven't tried different color backgrounds yet though. 

trSetBuddy(RV_Handle,trControlHandle,40,20,"Begin","End")
message("HI","")
    trSetBuddy(RV_Handle,trControlHandle,40,20,"","")

Jim

Quote from: Deana on May 07, 2014, 09:35:54 PM

tbSetBuddy function allows you to specify Text to display at beginning and end of Control, but doesn't hide it properly
\

Deana

Quote from: JTaylor on May 07, 2014, 10:00:46 PM
What did you try?  What happens if you do something like the following?   It clears for me.   Haven't tried different color backgrounds yet though. 

trSetBuddy(RV_Handle,trControlHandle,40,20,"Begin","End")
message("HI","")
    trSetBuddy(RV_Handle,trControlHandle,40,20,"","")

Jim

Quote from: Deana on May 07, 2014, 09:35:54 PM

\

You might want to add that code to your hide operation for the trackbar slider in the CommControlExtender.wbt
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

Deana

The dll you posted has the same version number of the previous cmctrl44i.dll. I recommend incrementing the version for each release, so users will be able to keep track of the versions they have installed.
Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

JTaylor

Odd I didn't notice those sticking around.  I added a trRemoveBuddy() function and changed the Version.  One could still set them to an empty value but this will remove the control altogether.

Original post updated with new files.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim

Deana

Deana F.
Technical Support
Wilson WindowWare Inc.

kdmoyers

The mind is everything; What you think, you become.

JTaylor

I appreciate the appreciation  ;)

Wish the WB Folks had a way for users to contribute to WinBatch...if they'd turn me loose on the dialog stuff I'd add some of this stuff to WinBatch and stop messing with the extender :) 

Jim