Studio - BreakPoint

Started by richardh, February 19, 2015, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardh

I have no issues using (run to cursor), however, my 2014A version of studio is ignoring my breakpoints?

The break point shows up in editor when set via icon and/or f9

td

I use the break point functionality of WinBatch Studio almost daily.  I don't recall ever having an issue with break points in that version of WBS.  We haven't had any other reports of problems with break points from users either with that version or any succeeding versions.

Really can't offer any suggestions other than make sure you are using the 'Go' (F5) command and not the 'Run' (Ctl+F7) command.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

richardh

To confirm I'm not missing a step.

Using f5 or go ... with breakpoint already in place

code
code
code

breakpoint (f9)
(Shouldn't it stop at this point?)

code
code
code

(Instead of here?)

td

Again, there are now know issues with the WinBatch Studio's break point operation.  If you set a break point on a line that is not processed, for example, inside an 'if' block with a condition that evaluates to false or a subroutine that is not called, then possessing will not halt.

Unless you can provide a way to duplicate the behavior you are describing, there is no advice to give nor actions to be take.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

richardh

TD, since there are no issues with break points in WinStudio 2014A

Can you offer any reasons as to why this might be happening? (see attached image)
I used a code sample from WinBatch forum.

Cursor is at top line >here<;break test (when f5 is pushed)

yet, (f5) bypasses both break points and displays dialog message.

dblaze1

Your breakpoints don't appear to be on lines of code - they are on whitespace.  You have to set a breakpoint on line with code.

richardh

Thanks dblaze1  :)  that explains why run to cursor worked but breakpoints didn't.

td

Quote from: richardh on February 22, 2015, 06:23:46 PM
TD, since there are no issues with break points in WinStudio 2014A

Can you offer any reasons as to why this might be happening? (see attached image)

Yes, more or less the same reason already offered. You have to place a break point on a line that is actually processed by the WIL interpreter.  Blank lines and comments are two more examples of uninterpreted lines to add to those previously mentioned.
  - Dr. Tom Cade