Password Parameter for zZipFiles

Started by MrLeadFoot, August 30, 2020, 05:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrLeadFoot

Although I am indeed running a version of the zipper (44012) that supposedly includes password support, for some reason my Help does not divulge the parameters for passwords using the zZipFile and zUnzipFile unctions. Can someone please provide some instructions for using passwords with these functions?

A topic in the Tech Database says this:

Great news. Starting version 44011 of the Zipper Extender (Mar 17, 2010) we added password protection support!

And !!News Flash!! in the Tech Database has this:

Version  44011 March 17, 2010
      Added new optional parameter to both the zZipFile and zUnzipFile functions. 
      The new parameter accepts a password used as an encryption key for
      encrypting and decrypting a Zip archive. When this parameter is present
      the functions will automatically attempt to either encrypt or decrypt the
      archive. If a password is used when building an Archive with zZipFiles, the
      same password must be used to extract files from the archive with zUnzipfiles. 
      The password must be at least 1 character and no more than 80 characters. A
      longer password will produce somewhat better encryption results although any
      length password produces relatively weak encryption.

MrLeadFoot

Never mind. I just checked all my help files, and for some reason, when the extender was installed many moons ago, the help never got updated. How that happened, I have no clue, but I managed to update the help, so I'm good! Sorry for the false alarm, of sorts.