Omnibus Extender: TimeZones

Started by JTaylor, October 30, 2022, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

I know there was a recent discussion about Timezone related stuff but I didn't follow that thread so this isn't a direct response to that discussion. It did, though, prompt the thought about the usefulness of timezone related functionality.   As I am always looking for new things to learn I dived into the topic and added some new functions to my Extender.   If anyone has a little time and want to give it a try and let me know if it works properly that would be great.   I find it easy to get confused on this topic so possible I went the wrong direction at some point.   Just look in the Help file for the TimeZones topic for more information.  If I duplicated any current WinBatch functionality please let me know so I can remove it.  Thanks.

http://www.jtdata.com/anonymous/wbOmnibus.zip

Jim

bottomleypotts

Thank you Jim,

Omnibus is always a handy tool for my coding. Timezone stuff will certainly be useful. Am changing some code now.

Am looking forward to the websockets implementation also. I don't have a non secure ws to test with so will await the wss version with interest!!!

BP

JTaylor

Thanks.  Hopefully you will find the addition helpful.  Check things closely.  I think I got it right but only have my testing to go on so far and that isn't always a good indication of how well it works :)

Haven't had anyone ask about the websocket stuff so haven't given that any more attention.   I will dust that off if I get some time.  No promises.   Can't recall why I didn't implement that already but thinking there was some issue....maybe not though.

Jim