WinBatch's New Pricing Scheme: Clarification.

Started by DavidAlanGay, December 23, 2021, 08:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidAlanGay

Hi.

I am quite surprised to see WinBatch kicking around, especially since I stopped using it in 2010 after I left the IT field. I want to return back to it as part hobby and part walk-down-memory-lane.

Some questions for sake of clarification before I make the purchase:

* WinBatch has no maintenance plans for renewal. This means I only get free updates for one year. If I want more updates beyond that, I buy the latest version of WinBatch instead and get free updates for the year following?

* If I chose not to buy the latest version of Winbatch, I can continue to use my existing purchsed version for as long as it runs on the version of Windows I have? I understand I won't get any updates.

Regards,

David.

td

ILC LLC doesn't have much of a pricing scheme. We are just not scheming people. <grin>

WinBatch+Compiler pricing is as you described it. You get one year of free updates with the purchase of a license. After that, you will need to purchase a new license to get another year of updates.

However, WinBatch and all of the associated applications will continue to work after the license expiry as long as your chosen OS supports them. At US$69.00 purchasing a new license is hopefully not too big a financial burden. 
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

DavidAlanGay

Quote from: td on December 23, 2021, 08:55:05 PM
ILC LLC doesn't have much of a pricing scheme. We are just not scheming people. <grin>

WinBatch+Compiler pricing is as you described it. You get one year of free updates with the purchase of a license. After that, you will need to purchase a new license to get another year of updates.

However, WinBatch and all of the associated applications will continue to work after the license expiry as long as your chosen OS supports them. At US$69.00 purchasing a new license is hopefully not too big a financial burden.

Perhaps "scheme" was the wrong word. "Plan". Yes, we'll run with "Plan".  ;D

$69 US for a year? That's actually pretty good compared to what my boss used to pay Wilson WindowWare back in the day. 

Thanks for helping me get my understanding sorted out.  :)