Extenders - Number of Functions

Started by JTaylor, March 23, 2021, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTaylor

What is the current rule on function limits in an extender?   I know years ago it was around 128(?) and one could, with a minor bit of effort, run over if trying to use too many extenders in a script.  I believe that was raised but was curious, for obvious reasons.  Would love to have one extender to maintain but that would be a significant number of functions.

Thanks.

Jim

td

"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

td

It would be remiss to not also mention that you can find the information in the Consolidated WIL Help file:

https://docs.winbatch.com/mergedProjects/WindowsInterfaceLanguage/html/WILAK_A__004.htm
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Never crossed my mind that this info would be in the Help File.

Thanks and apologies for asking about something I could have answered.

Jim

td

No apology is necessary.  Just like to show off when we actually have something documented.  FWIW, the 2021A release contains a new approach to extender function lookups that significantly reduces the performance impact of a large number of extender functions loaded into the interpreter's function table.

- Dr. Tom Cade

JTaylor

Excellent.   Probably will combine everything then so as to, hopefully, make maintenance and distribution easier.

Thanks again.

Jim