WinBatch in Education

Started by longbreak, October 25, 2015, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbreak

Not sure if this has been asked before but educators are talking of teaching basic programming to young children now to prepare them for the IT industry, to perhaps whet their appetite.

Seems WinBatch would be the ideal vehicle for this purpose as it is fairly quick to learn and produces quick results which is what kids love.

Have you thought of steering WinBatch into education? The benefits would be enormous for everyone.

stanl

Funny you should ask. From 2004-2007 I worked as Director of Education for a non-profit specializing in financial literacy in middle-high school. I produced several Winbatch compiled apps (on CD's) that explored the topic, many with links to web-sites.

At the time I did think of WB as a programming tools for the same groups, but to be honest I think Office (which is in most if not all schools) steals the show.

td

Quote from: longbreak on October 25, 2015, 04:45:32 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before but educators are talking of teaching basic programming to young children now to prepare them for the IT industry, to perhaps whet their appetite.

Seems WinBatch would be the ideal vehicle for this purpose as it is fairly quick to learn and produces quick results which is what kids love.

Have you thought of steering WinBatch into education? The benefits would be enormous for everyone.

'Steering' can mean a lot of different things to different people but we do offer the free 'Intro To Programming Book'  which seems to be very popular based on the number of downloads, anyway.

http://www.winbatch.com/download.html
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade