What gives?

Started by oradba4u, April 09, 2021, 10:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradba4u

Anybody:
When I click on the WinBatch Forum hot link on the main screen, all I get is another browser tab with the main screen on it. I had to find a forum message on google and click on it to get into the forum to post this... WHAT GIVES?

stymied in Stubenville

oradba4u

And silently in the night, days later, the problem goes away...

Thanks to the troubleshooter for getting around to this, and thanks to me for finding it! :)

ChuckC

Hmm... I've accessed the WinBatch tech support forums several times a day during that time period and never observed the problem occurring.  I'd hazard to guess that there was some local issue with the web browser on a specific computer rather than a site-wide problem based on any public report of others having a similar problem.

Did your computer go thru a reboot, a restart of the browser or an upgrade of the browser?

oradba4u

"Did your computer go thru a reboot, a restart of the browser or an upgrade of the browser?"

All of the above...

I typically flush all cache and delete temp files frequently (as well as clear admin logs, etc.)... First time for everything, I guess, thanks

td

Needless to say, I access this site multiple times a day with no issues whatsoever. The site logs do not indicate any issues with the system either. Note that like many others we use an encrypted VPN with rotating locations around the US so there is no proximity bias in the first statement.
"No one who sees a peregrine falcon fly can ever forget the beauty and thrill of that flight."
  - Dr. Tom Cade

oradba4u

Gottcha, and thanks... I'll keep an eye on it.